It seems strange, but stick with me here. If you are a Minnesota resident with a second home or cabin in Wisconsin, you also qualify for Wisconsin’s appliance stimulus rebate for appliances you purchase for that property.
Call our Woodbury store at (651)714-9790 to order. We deliver free to Hudson with a $499 purchase and to several other Wisconsin cities for $49.95. Other deliveries can be negotiated, and we ship appliances nationwide.
- With mail-in application, rebates available on Energy Star-rated
- Limited amount of rebates available on a first-come, first-served basis
- Purchases cannot be made before Jan. 1
- Applications must be submitted with proof of purchase within 30 days
- Unlike in MN, rebates aren’t limited to one per household
- Additional rebates government/utility co. rebates can be found at www.dsireusa.org (Database of State Incentives for Renewables & Efficiency)
- Refrigerators and freezers must be recycled to qualify for a rebate (many utility companies have programs instituted for appliance recycling)
- Rebates only offered on existing homes, not new construction
If the program runs out of money before February 2012 (I would be shocked if it didn’t), Wisconsin’s Focus on Energy — which is administering the program — will announce a new end date. From its website: “All qualified purchases made prior to the program end date and submitted within the required time frame will receive a Cash-Back Reward.” Allow 6-8 days to receive a check.
Photo Credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jason-riedy/ / CC BY 2.0